From:
Michael Ravnitzky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:38:32 +0000
DO YOU WANT A LIST OF RARE, PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE MILITARY REPORTS ON
THE SUBJECT OF BEES AND APICULTURE?

You can get a list of [largely unpublished] military technical
reports on agriculture and related topics.  Many of these reports have
been locked away for various bureaucratic reasons and have not been put
into the public domain, until now.

Here are some subject keywords with which you can obtain a LIST of
several dozen military technical reports on studies pertaining to bees
from the Defense Technical Information Center, a government agency. [see
below]

KEYWORDS:  (suggest you select ten or less keywords)

bees, apiculture
winged insects
bee venom
hymenoptera
wasps, insects, formicidae
honey
honeybees
pollination

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Do not bother using the DTIC web site--in a nutshell,
it is worthless because the web site omits most of the two million
technical reports in the DTIC collection. [Most of these reports are
NOT, repeat NOT, repeat NOT in the NTIS collection, and have been
unavailable to the public.]  Send a letter instead--you will get much
better results.

The fee is likely to be free or only a few bucks.  You probably want to
include a statement in the letter such as *I agree to pay reasonable
fees associated with this request.  Please notify me if the cost will
exceed $25.*,  so that they won't delay the processing of the request.
Remember, they WILL try to dissuade you from asking for such a list.  If
they send you a letter, and you do not respond, they will withdraw your
request and you will not get your information.

Here is a form letter to use for your request: