From:
Jerry Fries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 21:51:22 -0800
Here in Alaska we are renowned for having some of the largest flocks of
carnivorous mosquitos in the world. One of the reasons the Russians never
attacked is because they knew we had squadrons of mosquitos which could out
dogfight a mig 22 anyday. One day a mosquito landed at Anchorage
international airport. They fueled it and it took off before they realized
what was going on! We have got some tough mosqutos here but there is
something that really works to keep them away. Betty B mentioned a recipe
that contained Avon Skin So Soft. Believe it or not it really works! Not
just works but is the best overall insect repellant I've seen.I've looked
for 40 years. In Anchorage there are ladies in several places around town
with roadside booths selling Skin So Soft. I heard a rumor that Avon is now
selling the same basic mix as repellant because they are not allowed to
sell Skin So Soft as such.