From:
Robert Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 11:41:25 +1200
John,

I'm sorry if you see the provision of factual information as "DRIVEL".  If
you consult previous e-mails on this topic you will see that I have only
made 2 responses to Walters comments which I too see as "TEASING".  I
also agree that to much of this type of e-mail detracts from the function
of the list.  However, if the list is to be a public forum for the expression
of ideas and the exchange of information, then by definition an individual
has the right to express an opinion.  Besides, one also, as I do daily,
have the right to delete unread e-mail from BEE-L  if the contents of the
E-mail is not of interest.  Therefore I suggest and do as I do, delete e-mail
that is not of interest.

One additional comment.  Often e-mail can be like junk mail in your letter
box, unsolicited but sometimes interesting to read.  Besides for a lot of
people it makes the list a little more interesting to have the odd difference
of the opinion expressed.

Robert Rice
Apicultural Service Manager (South Island)
Ministry of Agriculture
New Zealand.