From:
Diana Sammataro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 07:16:00 -0400
Dear Bee Listers

I put out a call in August for samples of tracheal mites for DNA analysis. I am
getting ready for a large run and would like to get your samples by the end of
October.

I would like mite and/or bees infested, placed in a vial of alcohol (70% EtOH)
and need about 50 bees or 25 trachea filled with mites. I especially like bees
from colonies that died and had a lot of mites, and from colonies that did not
die but still have mites; esp. if that colony is still alive.

Thanks for your interst and help. Should answer some questions and might even
find the origin of where TM came from.

Diana Sammataro
Dept. Entomology
Ohio State University