From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:10:35 -0500
Scott asks about the possibility of spray painting hives with latex.

Scott, I assume you are near a Home Depot, isn't everyone?  If so, you can
do what I did and go to them on a weekday (as I did) and ask about spray
painting equipment for latex.

I assume that one can do likewise with a Loews or similar store.

Yes, one can easily spray paint hives with latex.  Moreover, no dilution of
paint is necessary.  To put a coat of paint on 20 hives might take 5
minutes; certainly no more.  However, thereafter it is going to take 10
minutes to clean the equipment.  If one fails to do so, nozzles and perhaps
lines will clog and will have to be replaced.  This will cost perhaps 1/3
the price of a good brush.

Good luck,

Lloyd
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.