From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:53:06 EST
I received a request to post the following program announcement from
Cornell University.  You may have seen this published in ABJ or Bee
Culture, and in an attempt to reach as wide an audience as possible it
is included here on BEE-L.  This program may be a candidate for
inclusion on Andy's top ten list.  The potential for results is high
provided the beekeeping community provides the requested input.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!

         CORNELL UNIVERSITY STOCK IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM

Cornell University is establishing a honey bee stock improvement
program.  The long-term goal is to develop stocks of honey bees that
can serve as sources for breeder queens for commercial queen producers.
To achieve this goal, it is necessary to evaluate bees from as many
different sources as possible.  The best queens for initial screening
are naturally-mated, supercedure queens or naturally-mated queens that
you reared yourself.  I would like to start by screening workers from
150 - 200 different sources representing as many different geographical
regions throughout the country as possible.  If you would like to
donate 1 or 2 HIGH QUALITY QUEENS reared this spring or sometime last
year, please contact Dyce Laboratory for Honey Bee Studies at
607-255-5443.  Leave a message and your call will be returned.

BE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS, AS WELL AS YOUR CITY AND STATE.
your city and state.  Target shipping dates are April 15th through
May 15th.  Your support is very important and deeply appreciated.

* Nicholas W. Calderone                *
* Assistant Professor of Apiculture    *
* Department of Entomology             *
* Comstock Hall                        *
* Cornell University                   *
* Ithaca, NY 14853                     *