From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2017 06:42:48 -0700

> >My interest in historical information is to gain better perspective, not
> to compare its validity to current thinking.

I understand Jim's comment, and agree with the value of data over anecdote.

However, I also greatly appreciate your posting of historical observations
Pete!  In this day and age of information overload focused in the moment, I
agree that we benefit from the historical perspective.

This has been very clear with regard to claims of today's "elevated" rates
of colony losses, and on the factors that some are blaming such
"first-time" events on.  Please continue with your historical research, and
posting of observations of interest.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA