From:
Jørn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 18:35:23 +-200

----------
Fra:    John Wolford[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sendt:  10. maj 1997 03:47
Til:    [log in to unmask]
Emne:   Two problems...need help.

Also, I have one hive that is queenless and has laying workers.  I placed
two frames of brood from a strong hive into this hive.  I was told to do
this so they would develop a new queen.  I did this about 7 days ago.  I
checked today and did not notice any new queen cells.  I need some help on
this one.  Anybody got any advice.  What next?

The simplest way is to move the queenless hive to a differnt place in the beeYard, then place a new empthy hive on the old hives spot.

Now take every frame from the queenless hive and throw of the bees in the mittle of the beeyard, and then place the frames in the new hive.

the bees will fly to the new hive, while the egglaying workers will not. they have forgotten how to find their way back to home.

Now give the new hive a new queen after a day or two, and the hive will be back to normal.

regards Jorn

Http://home4.inet.tele.dk/apimo/edbi.htm