From:
Charles Harper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 14:51:06 -0500
You need to surround the open queen cell with open brood because
that is what is needed to bring up the nurse bees to feed the queen
cells not sealed brood. Once the cells are caped the finisher now
becomes a incubator and sealed brood is preferred.

An excluder stops the queen sent from getting around the queen cell so
the nurse bees will feel they are queen less and feed the queen cells.

Harper's Honey Farm
Charlie
Ph# 337 298 6261