From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:30:05 -0800
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:> Jackson's design is called the Jackson Horizontal Hive (JHH) and has
> attracted global recognition as an alternative to the Langstroth.

It is a top bar hive. Just the construction materials are different.
....but the difference is only materials, as can be seen from the
designer's website..

I haven't investigated the hive thoroughly but from my cursory glances the JHH does differ somewhat from a standard TBH.  The frames of the JHH look square and do have wood supports on all four sides.  The TBH is trapazoidal in shape with the base significantly more narrow than the top.  The frame is constructed of just a top bar, no side nor bottom supports.  I'm sure that there are some more small differences but those were some that immediately jumped out at me.

Mike   Located in lower Alabama