From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:47:54 -0300
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Anne Simpson wrote:

> The 10 hives around it are just fine as far as supplies. Perhaps this hive
> is not finding the food source the others are? I split this hive in May.

Did you split any of the other ten?  Not finding the food source is
unlikely.  Splitting has some long lasting effects in the season it is
done.  Even when done in May.  I am now pulling a lot of honey from hives
that were not split.  A bunch of yards that were split in very early June
have no honey, even though the hives have recovered to the point of being
strong with bees and brood.  They did not have the bees for the earlier
clover flow.  They will make some honey now on the goldenrod flow.   You
must be in an area with no late summer/ fall honey if you are feeding a
hive with three boxes of brood.

So, for informed comment on your post, need to know:
1.  Whether any of the other hives were also split.
2.  Your location

Stan