From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:15:27 -0800
-----
Joe wrote
In these early days of the feral recovery,  results from assessments on
captured ferals from different areas, suggests to me that breeding
populations of honeybees can adapt traits specific to the micro habitats
in which they live,

Joe, keep up your observations. We need a thousand more of you : )

  I imagine that we will start seeing the effects of kairomonal changes by
the bees that you will not be able to observe directly, but rather
indirectly by lower varroa reproduction.  I'm sure the bees will come up
with combinations of mechanisms that we haven't even dreamed of.
Randy Oliver