From:
Bently Durant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:28:11 -0600
----------
> From: Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Fw: bee identification
> Date: Saturday, March 01, 1997 10:26 AM
>
> On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, James Morton wrote:
>
> > They were probably at least an 1" long. The
size was amazing to
> > us  as well as the fact that we would see
them mostly at night on our back
> > porch  buzzing the lights like a moth.
Although they were very scary they
> > never
> >  attacked us and eventually we stopped seeing
them. They did not have fuzz
> > on their bodies. They were actually a pretty
color. Kind of a rich rust
> > color.<
> >
> > The bald bodies, large size and nocturnal
activity suggest to me that they
> > were not bees at all. In Europe, my guess
would be the hornet Vespa crabo.
> > Is this species is present in the US?
>
> These actually sound like what we call June
Bugs here in Canada.  They
> buzz around the lights at night and make quite
a noise.  Also June Bugs
> have a similar colour.  But they arent a bee or
even a Vespa as far as I
> know.  I think they are in the beetle family.

That is a great possibility. I see june bugs down
here in Texas (US) all the time, but usually
during one of the wormmer moths  such as june. I
haven't seen them this year yett but my bug
zapper will tell me when they arrive :)

What confuses me is how thes brownish insects
could be confused as bees.

...,,,...,,,~~~~~`````,,,...,,,...,,,~~~~~`````~~~
~~~`````
Why don't you join me in dyslexia land.
A lend weair evey thimg is spelled ront.

I think that I know everything because I know
every thing
that I learned and what I havent learned I don't
know about
:^)

Bently Durant
~~~`````

Bee kind
Bee tender
Just bee

cKbee for men

hehehe
I thought that I'd add that just for fun