From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 17:56:14 -0500
>On Sat, 18 Nov 1995, David Eyre <[log in to unmask]> wrote :
>
>>   The Varroa trap, locking up the Queen, call it what you will. It
>> really is a viable method, used in Europe for many years.
>
>Ok David, it's a system I use for about 4-5 years in my production
>hives(12).  They are Dadant hives (12x 435x300mm frames) plus a 13th

        I agree with what you are doing, but I would suggest perhaps you
would get even better results in the quantity of Varroa trapped if the frame
was in the centre of the brood rather than on the outside. The idea of using
a trap, is to force the queen to lay drone brood at a time of year i.e.
early or late season, when she would not normally be laying drone brood.
   * David J. Eyre CEO    9, Progress Drive, Unit 2,     *
   * The Beeworks        Orillia, Ont, Canada, L3V 6H1 *
   * [log in to unmask]    (705) 326 7171           *
   * http.//www.muskoka.net/~beeworks                     *