From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 07:07:14 EDT
This message  was originally submitted by  [log in to unmask] to the
BEE-L list at CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU.

------------------ Original message (ID=431FAC) (61 lines) --------------------
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:26:26 +0100
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
From: Dr Max Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Sterile drones and varroa treatment?

Hi Madeline,

        Apistan has no deleterious effects on honeybees - it's been
tested and tried by beekeepers, beekeeping institutes and Universities
for many years now.
I can't see how it could possibly induce sterility in drones; did the
source of this information also report that the treated bees glowed in
the dark?  Maybe wise to keep the Apistan off the same shelf as the
Strontium 90!

Or is this a new Bayer product.....?

Seriously, if there are any reports I'd like to see them too.

Best regards,

Max

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Madeleine Pym
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
Dr Max Watkins
Vita (Europe) Limited