From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2013 13:09:55 +0000

On Jul 3, 2013, at 8:57 AM, James Fischer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Please provide support for the claim about the intent of the study's

> authors.

> Anthropogenic stressors include the neonicotinoid class of crop-protecting agents, have been implicated in the population declines of pollinating insects, including honeybees (Apis mellifera). Over a period of 15 days, we provided syrup tainted with low levels (2 µg/L−1) of the neonicotinoid insecticide imidacloprid to beehives located in the field.

They clearly take the concept that neonics "have been implicated", which they have, and proceed to study the effect of neonics, which are known to harm insects. Let's reinvent the wheel.

Whereas, Johnson et al start with the phenomenon of sudden colony collapse, and attempt to find a cause. Since they do not find the murder weapon, their paper is ignored while "studies" such as this get all the headlines.

Pete