From:
Ken Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 21:26:19 -0500
Dennis wrote:

> A few years ago I built a solar wax melter.  It was cobbled together from stuff laying around or given to me.  It seemed like an interesting
 thing to experime

> I have learned that you should not use styrofoam insulation, as it tends to melt.  The semi-ridgid fiberglass stuff that heating and
airconditioning people use

> I also found that the piece of aluminium I used for the metal lining was a bit of good fortune.  It was something called 'stucco' and has a
'pebbled' surface.

> Hope this gives you folks some ideas!  Happy melting!
>
> Dennis Morefield
> Sideline Beekeeper, Oregon, USA

        Dennis:
        I use a old chest type freezer with lid removed and glass lid
installed.  I cut an old black plastic barrel into and drilled holes in
the lower end of barrel half.  Place 1/8 inch hardware cloth over holes
to catch leaves and other junk.  I live north of Kansas City Mo. and can
melt wax pretty fast.                           Ken Lawrence