From:
Bee Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 07:55:25 -0500
Both Bill Owens and Cindy Bee gave detailed presentations on the
specific issue of "bee removals as a profitable business" at
EAS 2007 in DE.  They both do their removals in Georgia, and
they both share my concern that the process not end with a
large hole being left in anything.

Cindy is clearly an experienced drywall artist, as some of
her cut-away/remove bees/replace patches looked just as
good as new construction, "ready to paint".

Unlike most of us, these two get enough calls to have made
bee removals a significant part of their revenue plan, so
they clearly have valuable suggestions to offer.

My view is that bee removals and renting splits out for home
garden pollination are "service businesses", meaning that it
is all about meeting the customer's needs.  Many "customer
needs" can seem to be pure perception or "fluff" to most
beekeepers.  Bill and Cindy both replace most all of what they
remove to get at bees.