From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 10:35:41 EDT
    Robert Williamson writes:

>Hello, I was wondering if those in mite resistant areas have tried using
>thymol crystals to combat the mite? If so what results have you had?

    I haven't tried the crystals, but I've used Apiguard for two seasons.
Based on mitefall, numbers in my hives remain very low. As the effect on the
mites is different, cross-resistance should not be a factor. My only worry is
what may happen when resistant mites hit my area; if nearby hives collapse
the degree of control may or may not be sufficient. There was an article on
Apiguard in the December 1999 edition of ABJ if you have it.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley,
Birmingham, UK.