From:
James Plaisted <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:06:24 -0500
"Still, it is not 100% proof that we should be expecting. What we are really looking for is a preponderance of irrefutable evidence, and for some there is a need to be able to bet the farm on it."

There is only one thing I would bet the farm on....that once I get one pest under control, the next one soon makes an appearance.  I don't really have a mite problem, even after 2 years of no treatments(nothing, no drugs introduced into the hive), I saw maybe 20 mites in my hives all summer.  I do however have a problem with noseama crenea....a big problem.  Lost 85% of my hives last year to that bug.  Did I treat for it this year?  You betcha.  Will I treat for it next year...proably.  While I was at it, I also put on MiteAway II, which is rumored to help kill some of the noseama spoores.  And no, I haven't updated my website yet...but it is in the works.

My personnal oppinion is that some may get bye with no treatments, for awhile, but then comes the big realization that dead bees don't make honey...that harsh reality takes care of the no treatments crowd...you only need one careless beekeeper in your area, and everything changes.  Just my .02 cents worth.

Jim

   http://www.northernqueens.com/
Proud to be a PC? Show the world. Download the “I’m a PC” Messenger themepack now.
hthttp://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119642558/direct/01/