From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 00:09:39 -0600
> You can examine two weeks of temperature data for severn beehives in MT
> in August on our Web Page - either download the text files and import
> into your spreadsheets   or     click on the JAVA files and the graphs
> will appear on your screen (no need to import into a spreadsheet).  The
> core temperatures appear under the Alpha Interface Files.
>
> http://www.umt.edu/biology/bees

Hi Jerry & al.

I'm spending a bit of time there just now, and also spent some time a
while back.  It's pretty exciting to be able to get all this data and mull
it over.

I tried both the methods of viewing you suggested and find that I am
guessing in both cases what exactly I am looking at. I don't think I can't
reach any conclusions without more information.   I imagine you will be
adding descriptions as you find time (and grad students) to do the work,
but in the meantime, I am curious:

In the text files, is the second column the ambient temperature?
What are things like bbee-tempA2?
Where exactly are the sensors in the 'upper' and 'lower' parts?
How much ventillation do they have?
How large are the populations?
Are these hives productive?

I figured out to find the ambient info in some dfferent files on the same
page, and it is possible to run several windows at once to compare the
rain, wind, temperature on August 1st, for example, but I'm still guessing
about some important factors. Maybe there are explanations somewhere and I
just missed them or maybe not.  Maybe you could help us out with this?

BTW, I see the picture of the hive, but cannot puzzle out the details. Are
the frames nuc frames?

Allen