Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 2016 20:42:20 -0500
Hello, thank you for your input...we took the hive apart, harvested honey, examined cells and the bottom board, and though my knowledge at what I'm looking at or looking for, my bud who is experienced did not find any evidence of mites, infestations, bacteria and so forth. The brood boards all looked normal and there was capped honey. But I'm beginning to think I may not have monitored the hive closely enough and perhaps there were some environmental stresses. We have very long summers here and this year due to the drought it's reasonable to assume that resultant conditions presented challenges. I didn't want to disturb my bees, my last inspection had been on Sept. 9th and they disappeared on or about Nov. 11th. I so appreciate all the ideas you and others have passed my way ~ my spring hives will be the better for it.