From:
Chris Cripps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 06:22:00 -0400
I was hoping that this thread might get into some of the specifics of this
process.  Some questions I have been wondering about:

If I am adding wax to a frame, how concerned should I be with getting wax
into each corner?

With a roller, does one swipe across the top get enough wax that the bees
accept the entire frame?  OR, do I need to make sure it is all covered or
80% covered or what percentage of coverage?

How much wax are you putting on?  How much does a frame weigh before and
after?  How many frames are waxed per pound of wax?

What temperature do you melt the wax to?  Do you have issues with frames
warping if too hot?

In Duragilt, there are the communication holes in the bottom corners.
Would people look for that on Pierco?

Just a few questions I have had.  I do see the bees accepting the
foundation or frames a lot better with extra wax, but as I look at
products to offer, I think we need to rethink the old advice to put sugar
water on the frames and the bees will accept them.  This rethinking is
especially needed for our largest market, the new beekeeper that might not
understand flows and timing of putting on supers of not yet drawn out
frames.

Thanks for any input,

Chris

--