From:
Paul Koski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 20:29:06 +0000
I'm relatively inexperienced with requeening. A large swarm was hived
in July, not too unusual in Calif this year. When I looked into the
new brood chamber a couple weeks ago I found few larva, few capped
brood with two queens wandering around. Last week I requeened.
Questions: 1. Could there have been two queens in the swarm? 2. Why
wern't either of them successful in laying? 3. Will the attendants I
couldn't coax out of the queen cage hinder the acceptance of the
introduced queen? And finally, will the carniolan queen I introduced
be compatable with the Italian bees from the swarm? Thanks for your
thoughts.