From:
Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 16:20:54 -0400
On Thu, 10 May 2007 12:10:13 -0500, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>I do not know of any commercial beekeepers in my area which to do store
>their supers sticky. I place mine on a forty foot ocean container and
>fumigate.

Thanks, everyone for the information on storing supers.  Bob, could you
clarify what you meant to say here?  Allen, Bill, and Lloyd, thanks for
your responses, too.  Can anyone tell me why the residual honey doesn't
take on moisture and ferment?  Wouldn't that, at the very least, mean
higher osmophilic yeast counts in next year's honey?  Maybe I need to try
storing away a stack sticky at the end of this year.  Anybody have any
warnings before I do?

Eric