From:
Ken Kizer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2018 00:51:26 -0500
Say I split 25% of my hives.  Then I lose 25% because the split or
original hive dies off due to poor queen, weakened hive(s) (losses by
SHBs/WMs) which can induce robbing and/or absconds. Have I lost 25%.
Or is it higher because the splits also cause a loss in honey crop and
lessen my ability to create new queens to improve the chances of hives
making it through the coming winter?  Plus, the splits are more labor
intensive to ensure they can increase  in size plus the cost of
feeding.

Time is money and money is time.  A 25% loss is much more than a loss of bees..

--
De Colores,

Ken Kizer
Gamecock Apiaries