From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2015 11:32:34 +1000
> Nothing I have seen nor heard has persuaded me that this is anything other than a scam that exploits and encourages know-nothing beekeeping.

Peter, I think is a bit rough to call this a scam.  I have spoken with a person who has trialled this flow hive and he said it worked for him.  So if it works it is not a scam.  Might not be good idea in some people's eyes but that is different from a scam.

I have been asked if it has commercial application and I have said in my opinion from what I can see no.

I agree it will lead to what you call "know nothing beekeeping" for some people.  In interviews I have given I have stressed that if people do not look at their hives they will not have a hive for a long time.  There is still the unanswered question about how to handle candied honey.  We have jellybush honey that is antibacterial.  This system will not allow that jellybush honey to be extracted.

I have been asked if I would buy one.  I have said not at current prices.  I reckon in a few years there will be many on EBay at bargain prices.  There will also be many gathering dust in corners because the person who started the flow hive did not look after their bees.

In interviews I have been encouraging anyone who is thinking of starting a flow hive to join a bee club first to learn about bees.  If they do this then they could succeed.

Trevor Weatherhead
Australia

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 11469 (20150413) __________

http://www.eset.com