From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 23:13:36 -0400
    Gary and I want to thank each of you who helped to encourage Gary by your
generous gifts.  About 235 dollars was received and some bees and brood were
also given, so he has gotten close to $400 in aid.

    All your snail mail notes and copies of the e-mail comments were also
turned over to him.  He will be in contact with many of you, as soon as he
can, though some gave anonymously, so he cannot.

    Gary was much encouraged by your evidence that there are a lot of caring
people in the world yet.  He is back in New York right now, preparing an old
truck which he will bring to get the bees he still has. I am glad he's not
going to try to truck bees in the old school bus.  There is no way to get
adequate ventilation.

    I looked at some of his nucs yesterday, and they are doing very well.  He
hopes to split again, and I think he'll be using the contributions for
queens.  He should have enough brood to make some more hives up.  Frankly, I
am surprised (pleasantly) to see how well these nucs are drawing foundation.
 He could even have a little honey to harvest before he leaves South
Carolina.

   I had delayed this note, in hopes that I would have some good news on the
police investigation, but I have been unable to get any information, so that
item will have to wait.

   Thank you again, good folks!

Dave Green