From:
John Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burgess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:15:33 -0000
Tom Speight writes
>>I would appreciate a world -wide view on these OSR/Canola matters.
>>
>How important is the honeybee for pollination/increase in yield of oil.?

I understand that adequate bee pollination reduces the spread in maturity of
the OSR seeds, i.e. pollination of the crop takes place over a shorter
period of time. This increases the effective yield by reducing losses of
over-mature seed dropping to the ground and under-mature seed having a low
oil content.