Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2010 12:08:45 EST
In a message dated 1/28/2010 4:23:22 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Re:  fluvalinate has a half-life of seven years
Paul asks?

True,  but what evidence do you have that 2-3 year old residues have any
appreciable biological activity; i.e. any appreciable impact on the
physiology of the mites?
We're detecting the same chemical (fluvalinate), not breakdown residues of
the chemical - so since the chemical hasn't changed its structure, don't
know why activity should change.

Paul, can you cite studies that say that the chemical's properties change
with age

And  is your evidence direct or theoretical?
Direct, if you mean, evidence that fluvalinate remains for years in  combs.
 We've analyzed comb from operations that stopped using the chemical  years
ago, are now more or less organic - in an isolated area where the only
pesticides seen at detectable (low ppb levels) are miticides.  We can't  pick
up any other pesticides.

Jerry