From:
Midnitebee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 1998 16:59:25 -0400
Holly-B Apiary
P.O.Box 26
Wells,Maine 04090-0026
http://www.cybertours.com/~midnitebee
-----Original Message-----
From: BeeCrofter <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 1998 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: shipment of bees all dead

>In a message dated 5/19/98 10:52:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
>> One final note:has anyone ever received a "crushed' package of
bees?..were
>>  the screens opend/crushed/...was the wooden box "cracked"?..I have
worked
>at
>I recieved  queens from Texas where the queen cages were little splinters
of
>wood in a green onion sack with one very dead queen and one very beat up
one.
small package compared to a "package" of bees..there is a
difference..oh,yes,the famous onion sack..shame on them..
I just got more queens from a california queen breeder(Glenn
Apiaries)....they know how to ship queen bees...not an onion sack!
..useless thread..gone over this many times on this list.
>Weavers replaced them of course.\
>However the postal guys made no mention of the damage- just heres your
bees.
what did you want them to do..hold a burial service?
package is insured..sounds "cold",but what are they to tell you?.. remember
what I said..delivery dead or alive..package was dilivered to you..

Herb