From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2013 06:43:44 -0400
>> ...As a chemist, my opinion is that there is
>> no justification for [the claims by NOD about MAQS]

I asked for some details about formic acid and its ability to diffuse
through:

a) the plastic MAQS packaging, to understand the shelf life issue
b) brood cappings, to understand the efficacy issue
c) metal paint cans, to understand if we can at least fix (a)

> I'm not here to support or challenge any claims by NOD about MAQS

Fair enough, then.

But could you help us with your views on formic acid diffusion in general?
Some of us have an interest in making formic work, as the miticides are very
much out-of-fashion since formic and oxalic were said to be understood, and
their use became less experimental.
Marion Ellis (U NE) did some great work to help make Oxalic a predictable
treatment, but for formic, we clearly lack understanding of the basic
diffusion processes at issue.