Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 12:53:10 -0800
HI,

> It is possibly (probable?) that restocking with bees that have been
> artificially kept alive with chemical treatments is contrary to a goal of
> breeding varroa tolerant bees.

reply:

Aaron I think you just hit the nail on the head! If one uses chemicals to
produce resistant/ tolerant bees( bees that survive inspite of varroa) you
are painting a false picture and deceiving yourself. Varroa isn't going
away! Apistan and Checkmite will be at there end of usefulness soon, then
what? Will breeding alone be enough to control the problem?

Clay