From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:48:06 -0500
"It is much easier to help the third world by not interfering with their
tried-and-true methods of agriculture, by not exploiting their resources,
and by trying to support their fledgling democracies (where any exist). "

I'm not sure about the "tried-and-true methods of agriculture", given the
rampant malnutrition we've been discussing. But we can certainly agree that
democracy (and resulting capitalism) would be a huge step forward, as most
starvation in this day and age is due to war and repression. And we could
also stop dumping our Farm Bill surpluses on poor countries, which disrupt
whatever limited markets they do have and drive their farmers out of
business.

"Oh...and the tropics + limited resources = top bar hives."

I'm not a fan of top bar hives here, as they seem to be a step backward. But
they do make some sense in poor countries where they cannot afford to buy
conventional equipment.

Eugene Makovec