Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:09:16 GMT
Hi Allen...thanks for the comments.

I'll also point out this:
http://www.reeis.usda.gov/web/crisprojectpages/211868.html

...it talks a bit more about the goals, the proposed procedure (drawing out SC foundation by LC bees in honey supers)...but more importantly, the conclusion.

A half hour phone call with any number of beekeepers could have resulted in a much better plan.

I'll also say that I was at one of the meetings at which it is claimed that he discussed this work.  It never came up in his talk.

I hate to be "the guy that is critical of Tom Seeley"...I have a huge amount of respect for his work on swarming behavior....but when you publish a study in Apidology, it has to be open for critique...that is the whole point.

deknow