From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:04:46 +0100
Hi Peter

> That is what I have been saying all along. The existence of localized or
> naturalized bees has never been proved to my satisfaction. There are so many
> migratory bee operations you can't avoid the influx of their bees and their
> pests.

OK, the situation is messy, but the local conditions still exist in the
local environment, it would only take a few years to re-build a
population that was partly moulded by those conditions.

Judicial raising of queens with a known track record in the area would
further bolster the background.

I did not say that it would be easy or that it could be done 'at the
drop of a hat', you have to 'want to' improve your bees and put in
whatever effort is required to get there. There are no answers 'off the
shelf'.

While you are casting about for the magic bullets, the years are
slipping by during which you could have made real progress.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)