From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 11:59:32 -0500
Hello Randy & All,
This is the post which caused the stir. I knew it would as once the industry
embraces a treatment they swear buy it.

Bob Harrison said:
>Many on the list will not like what I am about to say but I think Jerry B.
will agree. Some CCD problems have been linked to OA use. Possibly even
formic.

I believe in past discussion Jerry B. said the CCD was looking at OA use and
CCD problems. Jerry correct me if wrong. Of course what have the team not
looked at searching for a possible cause? Very few things.

>Both OA & formic could be causing the M. tubules problems I have been told.
The industry has shifted to those products. I am NOT saying those products
are the source on the M. tubules problems but only sharing what I have been
told.

I AM NOT SAYING THOSE PRODUCTS ARE THE SOURCE ON THE M. TUBULES PROBLEMS BUT
ONLY SHARING WHAT i HAVE BEEN TOLD.

Notice I left the name of my source out! I am sure Jerry B. and others would
love to know who is feeding commercial beekeepers information. Sorry!

These are my thoughts exactly:

I MYSELF HAVE TROUBLE THINKING OA COULD BE CAUSING PROBLEMS BUT RESEARCHERS
HAVE EXPRESSED CONCERN.

CONCERN.

>Suspect are OA treatments during the brood season . OA has been around a
long time around the world and is a legal treatment in Canada. I myself have
trouble thinking OA could be causing problems but researchers have expressed
concern.

Quote Randy had fault with.:
>Marion Ellis ( researching OA for several years) has expressed concern at
presentations I have attended over treating bees with OA at any time other
than the broodless period which is around Thanksgiving in Nebraska.

Nothing about Marion saying he thought oa was causing tubule damage in bees.

Bob

--
believed to be clean.