From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 08:30:19 -0800
Thanks Jeffry--I was feeling left out!

C'mon folks, how about some posts from all you lurkers!  Especially some of
the larger scale beekeepers.  Surely there are issues in your colonies,
improved management suggestions, small experiments that you've run, etc.

I'm curious about success stories of those who are managing varroa at
larger scale (like over 100 hives) without benefit of miticides.

I'm curious about anyone monitoring nosema levels.

I'm curious about the differences in management between those who have
thriving operations, and those who are having problems.

I'm especially curious about beekeeping practices and issues in other
countries, especially Asia.

I'd like Bee-L to be a learning experience for me and all!

I know that Pete goes out of his way to try to prime the pump for
discussion by posting snips from research.

And dang, I miss Bob--Bob, how are you?  You've got your ear to the ground,
and I always appreciate your posts.

I'd like to see us get back  to discussion of bee biology and management,
rather than politics and personalities!

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
www.ScientificBeekeeping.com