From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:42:41 +0000
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Dee
Lusby <[log in to unmask]> writes
>True for orderly replacement of the mother. But having a
>queen try to flyout crippled, who cannot forfill her
>destiny if left allowed is somehow wrong. Do we cripple
>other animals so they cannot continue their life cycle?

OK, but this is an opinion, side-stepping the actual point, and not
related to the original assertion in which use of the term supercedure
was synonymous with swarming.

And the answer to your question is a definite YES, humans have done that
to animals, and themselves, for many centuries.

A clipped queen cannot continue her lifecycle? Apart from restraining a
prized asset from flying heaven knows where, often to a place it will be
a nuisance for those of us not fortunate/unfortunate enough to live in a
virtually endless wilderness, pray tell how?
--
Murray McGregor