From:
Arthur English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:14:28 -0400
Never thought I'd have to ask this, but... I gave my nephew a beehive for
his birthday this year.  He lives in a rural, agricultural area in south GA
(USA).  His bees have put up a couple of supers of really nice looking
honey this year.  However, about a week or so ago, one of his neighbors
(approx. 1/2 mile away from his hive location) got busted with over 100
acres of cultivated marijuana.  I have heard marijuana buds (flowers) are
very sticky to the touch, which implies to me that they might have a nectar
with a high sugar content, and therefore might be very attractive to
honeybees?  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, and
what, if any, affect this potential floral source might have on the honey?
I'd hate to sell or give some honey to someone and that be the cause of
them failing a work or court related drug test.  Any information would be
welcomed.

Brutz English
Liberty Hill Honey Company, LLC
Barnesville, GA