Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:46:31 GMT
From: Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>

>"...so producing the bulk of the globe’s diet will require agricultural techniques including the use of fertilizers, the study concludes."

...yet the study author is widely quoted as not quite saying this...

""Our study indicates that organically fertilized systems might require higher nitrogen inputs to achieve high yields as organic nitrogen is less readily available to crops. In some cases, organic farmers may therefore benefit by making limited use of chemical fertilizers instead of relying only on manure to supply nitrogen to their crops,""

..."might", "in some cases", "may"  ...I think we can all agree that neonics, "might" "in some cases", "may" harm bees and other pollinators...but we don't think such suspicions equate to any kind of conclusion..do we?

I have not read the study, and don't have an opinion as to what the conclusion actually says.

deknow