Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:19:35 -0500
(The term "pesticides" includes both fungicides and insecticides)

> The effects of sublethal pesticide exposure on queen emergence and
> virus titers were examined.

That reminds me.  What is known about the effects of various pesticides
on queen acceptance and queen supersedure?

Are there known effects of sub-lethal doses on the raising of queens and
the willingness of colonies to start and maintain cells?

I wonder about that because it seems to me that the field tests that
have indicated no apparent harm may have been done on colonies assumed
to be -- or designed to be -- in a steady-state and not on colonies
which were required to raise queens.

Oftentimes, it seems to me, colonies which prove to be unusual are
removed from the study or adjustments are made.

Could they be the more important and interesting part of such studies?