From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 07:04:06 -0800
Dee wrote:
Haven't inserted frames of 5.0mm back into a 4.9mm colony,

Thank you Dee.  For the benefit of the beekeeping community, could you
please try that experiment on 10 colonies this season, and report the
results?  Insert new Mann Lake frames, so that there is no question as to
initial contamination.

Dee, it's not important to me whether or not you can explain the mechanics
of small cell.  I simply want good data of field tests demonstrating the
optimal size, and the degree of mite control obtained.  It will require
someone with colonies already full of small cell to perform the above test.
If you are unable to perform it this season, perhaps you could ask one of
your collaborators to do so.

Thank you,
Randy Oliver