Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 14:38:10 -0800
>>>  If we as a species allowed our world to be controlled naturally, natural selection would very rapidly change us back to
 a very primitive form ...........

If we reputed man controlled selection of species, then starvation would be rampant worldwide, including the U.S.   Looking at history, in the early 1800's a farmer could support only his family and an additional few families.  As machination occurred, the farmer's production increased dramatically, but not to the point required by today's demands.  It's only hybrid varieties that allow for the mass production of food stuffs, an increase in production per acre, that minimizes the effects of starvation in most of the world.  And even with that, starvation continues to exist in some parts of the world.

Mike in LA