From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2014 07:48:41 +1000
> Cuthbertson et al (2013) mention the widespread use of Apithor (with
fipronil) inside hives in Australia and elsewhere to control small hive
beetle.  I suspect that French beekeepers may soon be making an about-turn
on fipronil.

Not having read Cuthbertson et al I can let you know that with Apithor the
makers had to go to great lengths to show that there was no residue in the
hives or hive products to have it registered.

Here in Australia there have been many hives lost to fipronil from foliar
spraying of cotton.

Big difference in the use of the active ingredient.  One OK, the other
deadly.

Trevor Weatherhead
Australia

database 10575 (20141016) __________