From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 14:59:37 EST
Two(?) years ago, Howard Weaver's business was divided by his sons.  One
son (R. Weaver) specializes in queens and one son (B. Weaver) specializes
in package bee production.  There was an article explaining the split in
American Bee Journal (although I don't know what issue) as an amicable
split of the father's business to his two sons.  I believe Weaver's are
the sole supplier of Buckfast bees in the states, although I could be
mistaken.  There is an ad in the Feb '96 issue of ABJ offering
"Established Beekeeping Operation - Everything You'll Ever Need" for
sale by Howard Weaver.  I must admit that there are more Weaver's than I
am able to track.  However, based on what I am able to figure out and
sales flyers I have received and advertisements in ABJ, I just yesterday
updated my roladex to reflect the new Weaver addresses.

   B. WEAVER'S APIARIES (Packaged Buckfast Bees)
   Rt One Box 256
   Navistota, Texas  77868
   1-409-825-7312 (Phone)
   1-409-825-7351(FAX)

   R. WEAVER'S APIARIES (Buckfast Queens)
   Rt One Box 260
   Navistota, Texas  77868
   1-409-825-2333 (Phone)
   1-409-825-3642(FAX)

I didn't write down Howard's address as I'm not in the market on that
scale.  I have never received anything but the best of service when I
have dealt with Weaver's Apiaries.  I hope that the split will not
impact the excellent service.

Aaron Morris - My Buckfasts are already on order!