Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:29:33 -0800
>>>  In my view, importing from Chile entails no risk,

Don't want to rain on the parade, but as much as I'd like the convenience of queens when we normally don't have any available, I do think we need to consider the risk of viruses.  We are still in the growing stage in that body of knowledge.  Think queens could be imported, isolated like the Russian queens were, and subjected to the varroa loads that our bees here in the States typically get.  See how the colonies headed up by Chilean queens hold up and see if any new viruses are detected.  Just some thoughts from a dim witted guy.

Mike in LA