From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:31:47 +1200
> My question arises as I have begun to harvest the Honey.  Of the 4 honey
> supers, the first 2 yielded the most delightful honey...... light amber
> colored and very light / sweet taste.... it is great.
>
> The last 2 supers contained honey that was much different.  The honey is
> dark colored, thick and has a very strong ( not too pleasent ) flavor.
> In fact, we have concluded that the bees will get to keep these 2 supers
> for themselves.

Quite normal, Douglas!  The variation just comes from the natural
variation of floral sources available to the bees at that time.
Though I'm somewhat out of touch in time and distance from Texas
beekeeping, I remember some pretty strong, dark sources such as
horsemint.  Either talk to another local beekeeper, or just do a lot
of watching of bees on flowers next season and you'll be able to
figure it...  (Hook 'em, horns).

  (\           Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-        home [log in to unmask]
  (/           work [log in to unmask]