From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2012 21:42:50 -0600
>Do you think that tape might be available today? Especially if it is in DVD
>form.

I imagine it is.

From the empty case it says River Valley Apiaries

comb honey production (includes 1994 edition)

The number I call to order (also in ABJ ) is 1-866-483-2929.
If you ask for David or Liz both would know about the availability.
If I get a chance I will look through the tapes out in the building for the
tape. I don't remember giving the tape away but might have.
The tape looked professional made.

The tape included other than the wintering:

At the time 1995 David claimed to be the largest producer of comb honey in
Canada. In the tape David shows a machine for cutting comb honey. The
cutters were pizza cutters.

Personally a knife is very quick and works for my help. David designed his
own comb honey frame. I adopted his idea with a few changes. David also
shows a hot box which cleaned comb honey frames of wax.

My help cleans frames over a barrel and I believe as fast but if I ran over
200 hives producing comb honey (three supers each in the tape) approx. 6000
frames to clean and rewax perhaps his method would be worth a try.

In the December ABJ page 1189 is his add for the comb honey tray David
designed. I have used those for 16 years. David also sells a box which holds
24 of his comb honey trays. I use those also.

last year his trays were changed to a lighter plastic but to me was not a
big deal. I have had issues with customs over the years (holding up orders)
but now my orders are shipped from Michigan I think.

Hope the above helps! I figured you were interested mostly in the comb honey
aspect other than wintering Mike.

bob