Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 21:09:19 +0200
>     This is all based on a hearsay report, and has nothing to do with my own

Possible for you to get some more background on this story? As I pointed out,
perhaps not all the facts are known.

>   So do we, if the grower is negligent.  But these things are not done
> openly. What are you gonna do? Line up the workers and shoot one at a time,
> till they 'fess up?

Talk to them? Hey, wow, I thought us South Africans were supposed to be ... you
know, ... sort of ... eh ... let's say trigger happy!

> of it.  Sometimes you "know" who did it, but can't prove it....

In the Beekeeping course we convene, I incorporate a formal Quality management
lecture. The point that they make in the lecture, is basically that prevention is
better than cure. A good lecture beforehand should reduce the interference. I
don't propose violent or scare tactics, just some positive adjustment to the
simple economics of productive work.

>     However, we have learned in years of providing pollination that Murphy's
> Law still operates, and unanticipated problems will crop up now and then. I
> have a feeling that it also operates in South Africa, as well.

Murphy travels quite extensively!!

> The Pollination Home Page:   http://pollinator.com

By the way, thank you very much for incorporating my particulars in the Home Page,
as well as the information on the course we provide. A most professional site and
lots of worthwhile input for growers and service providers.

As asked, perhaps we can get a bit more on the story under review, before we start
hauling out six-shooters and using them on each other instead of ... NO don't say
that!

Greetings

Robert Post